Reasons to move back to the U.S.

General topics related to Living in Chile
El pescado

Reasons to move back to the U.S.

Postby El pescado » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:40 am

I have a handful of reasons I am wanting to move back to Indiana but mostly it is to spend more time with my elder parents. Some other reasons I would like to add would be:

Its freakin expensive here!
Salary is about half of what the same position pays in the states.
Education for the youngsters is another level of learning.
Air Quality(at least those of us that are living in Santiago)
I cant take the highway tolls anymore.
Its freakin expensive here!

I would like to hear from those on the forum what reasons they have for moving back to their home country to further build my case to convince my wife that living in Indiana is better than living here in Santiago. Any info, reports, graphs, pie charts, or other nuggets or tidbits of info from reputable sources(IE. news networks, CIA world Fact book, Patagoniax) would be greatly appreciated.

Here, have an ear of corn!

El pescado

Re: Reasons to move back to the U.S.

Postby El pescado » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:58 am

Thank Px! Your pie chart has been documented.

murf

Postby murf » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:28 pm

I feel for you El P,
I'd love to move to Chile but My wife and I made the decision to stay here in the States because if we were to move to Chile, our cost of living would effectively double while our income would be cut in half.
We are currently investigating and researching a possible business venture but failing that we intend to retire (someday) in Chile.
Proberly not what you want to hear but it's the reality of our situation. :cry:
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

El pescado

Postby El pescado » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:37 pm

No, no thanks! You usually do that in the coarse of the day anyway without any solicitation.

rachelmarama

Postby rachelmarama » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:18 pm

Always a tough decision, especially given the costs of up and moving to another country. Is it feasible to make it a short term move (eg 5 years?). Arguments in that case include language for the kids & your wife (though not sure where your kids go to school, full immersion in English for 5 years would be a real benefit), and more options as to tertiary education.
Money's not everything, but it can help with a better quality of life.
I have not spent enough time in the US to come up with any other arguments - my arguments for moving back to NZ for example are not valid for the US.

Chuck J 3.0

Postby Chuck J 3.0 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:25 pm

Well, after giving this question some thought. The main reason to move back to the USA: You will have a ringside seat, (even in Indiana) for the Stock market meltdown - false flag attack - food riots, empty supermarkets - citizen attacks on banxters - tanks in the streets general state of anarchy - or whatever else sets it off on the path of no return to the Mad Max Beyond Thunder Dome fate that awaits us. You would not want to miss this. Think of all the possible exciting scenario's. Killing your first home invader/zombie, bugging out, running & hiding, escaping from shooting soldiers, bartering stuff, not showering for weeks at a time, etc. I've personally been in the middle of a street riot in Chile with the Paco's on horseback shooting tear gas. Damn! After the "holy shit!" "this is reality" aspect wore off, it was exciting. And as Norte Americano's we can do it better than anyone when we put our mind to it. So Chile? Nah, their civil dislocation is not a patch on the USA's mega-technicolor-mash-up uber-production. USA number 1, baby!
"Betting against gold is the same as betting on governments. He who bets on governments and government money bets against 6000 years of recorded human history." - Charles de Gaulle

greg~judy

Postby greg~judy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:55 am

Chuck J 3.0 wrote:Well, after giving this question some thought. The main reason to move back to the USA: You will have a ringside seat, (even in Indiana) for the Stock market meltdown - false flag attack - food riots, empty supermarkets - citizen attacks on banxters - tanks in the streets general state of anarchy - or whatever else sets it off on the path of no return to the Mad Max Beyond Thunder Dome fate that awaits us. You would not want to miss this. Think of all the possible exciting scenario's. Killing your first home invader/zombie, bugging out, running & hiding, escaping from shooting soldiers, bartering stuff, not showering for weeks at a time, etc. I've personally been in the middle of a street riot in Chile with the Paco's on horseback shooting tear gas. Damn! After the "holy shit!" "this is reality" aspect wore off, it was exciting. And as Norte Americano's we can do it better than anyone when we put our mind to it. So Chile? Nah, their civil dislocation is not a patch on the USA's mega-technicolor-mash-up uber-production. USA number 1, baby!

like = 1+
:alien:
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise.
--- Surangama Sutra
“If we want everything to stay as it is, everything will have to change."
--- Giuseppe Tomasi di Lamedusa

eeuunikkeiexpat
Location: Megalith of unknown origin near my digs, south V Region coast

Postby eeuunikkeiexpat » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:14 am

We do need another vetted AllChile poster to give us firsthand accounts from the Empire before the great American firewall goes into 100% activation and the borders close.

Looks like YOU ARE IT! :)
Generally, just a SPAM KILLER. You are on your own in this forum. My personal mission here is done.

BUT when necessary, by way of ridicule and truth revelation we shalt do war.

--eeuunikkeiexpat

California South

Postby California South » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:12 am

@Chuck and eeuu: it was a rough day - thank you for making me laugh out loud.
I'm with g-j 1+

El P, I wish I could offer some pluses. Heck, I tried to find those pluses before we left and came here to Chile. Sadly, Chuck's summary is all we could see coming at us.
And he didn't even mention the FEMA camps :)
However, your obligations to, and love for your elderly parents may win the day, and that alone is a good argument.
Stultorum infinitus est numerus

El pescado

Postby El pescado » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:54 am

Actually from a former special forces Marine´s point of view, his bleak picture of what the States might end up as sounds like good training. I personally like the "citizens attack on banxsters" and quite frankly do not understand why these people simply have not started to "disappear" one-by-one yet.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:38 am

couple administrative issues people.

Please keep the swearing under control.

I believe the term "El P" was long used to refer to another former member, that some old timers might find confusing. They are old after all.
Spencer Global Chile: Legal, relocation, and Investment assistance in Chile.
For more information visit: https://www.spencerglobal.com

From USA and outside Chile dial 1-917-727-5985 (U.S.), in Chile dial 65 2 42 1024 or by cell 747 97974.

Hightower

Postby Hightower » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:04 am

admin wrote:I believe the term "El P" was long used to refer to another former member

How about El P2, El Ps, El Po , CP3O or CP3?
If you were born to hang, you will never drown

Return to “Living in Chile”