Poll: Right Now -- Am I Safe?

Anything at all (keep it clean) goes here that does not fit in to any of the other forums.

Moderator: eeuunikkeiexpat

Right Now: Am I Safe?

Yes
93%
No
7%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 14

gato

Poll: Right Now -- Am I Safe?

Postby gato » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Speaking about the "safe/unsafe" thing, based on what you "feel" about it, are you safe right now?

"Do not seek the true, only abstain from views."
~ Hsin-hsin Ming
The time that you spend reading this sentence could be employed to better advantage in almost any other way.

gato

Re: Poll: Right Now -- Am I Safe?

Postby gato » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:50 pm

I just wanted to vote in my own poll, and I think that I don't know what to select. So I will not vote. If there is "something", however, that is well hidden -- deep inside you -- and if that "something" would give you the answer, as if it comes from within, that would be great. Then please vote accordingly.
The time that you spend reading this sentence could be employed to better advantage in almost any other way.

gato

Postby gato » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:07 pm

By "safe" I mean that some forum members would use their "gut feeling" regarding this, and some others would base their vote on the "intellectual understanding", while yet others would consider neither of these.

Anyway, every voter either feels safe, or they don't, or they could provide some comments -- and select the "other".

swdchile

Postby swdchile » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:24 am

Px:
By "safe" do you mean the absolute absence of any probability of mishap of even the slightest severity? Or is "safe" merely an unstated personal notion involving a combination or junction of probabilities and severities, wherein perhaps a high probability of an event involving minor severity is acceptable, whereas a mishap involving a greater magnitude with even a moderate probability of occurrence might conflict with a personal threshold for "safe"?

Gato:
By "safe" I mean that some forum members would use their "gut feeling" regarding this, and some others would base their vote on the "intellectual understanding", while yet others would consider neither of these.

Aren't both these statements, juxtaposed, equal, except one funded and one not?
Scout's Honor

nwdiver

Postby nwdiver » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm in Vancoucer for another 3 week, then the fun begins again ;)
It's all about the wine.
http://chilecopadevino.com/

chilco

Postby chilco » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:29 pm

I am currently feeling highly threatened by various voracious mosquitos.

Tombi

Postby Tombi » Sat May 12, 2012 11:20 am

I feel safe in Chile.

Andres

Postby Andres » Sat May 12, 2012 11:46 am

patagoniax wrote:Here are the numbers and the rankings with percentage increase for residential robbery . . .

Percentage increase is of little use if one does not know the values before and after.
As an example, I would prefer a place which had a 40% increase from (say) 5% to 7% than a place which had a 5% increase from (say) 20% to 21%.
Are the before/after numbers available?
Chile: My expectations are low. Very low.

sandrab

Postby sandrab » Sat May 12, 2012 3:13 pm

I don't feel that safe. I carry pepper spray and am very good at sifting out shady people. I don't carry a purse anymore and will leave an area when I feel something unsafe. Being from Canada ( north of Toronto ) I never worried about walking around with my iPhone or my purse.

I have been the target twice now for a purse snatching and a robbery as I waited to pay my bills, luckily intuition took over and nothing happened.

Return to “Lobby”